Saturday, May 22, 2010

Durango Colorado


So Mauricio was asked by work to go to Colorado for a few days. I told him how I was going to make Mexican food the whole time he was gone. He was going to drive. I took him to the airport to pick up a rental. So I guess they have a rule if you live in the state you are trying to rent from, if you live here you have to pay them anywhere between $250-$400 and go through a credit check and jump through all sorts of hoops just to take the car. Weird, didn't we just rent a car last month and not even have this problem!?!-hmmm

Anyhow on the drive home he let me know he needed the car and I freaked out a little-no car for 3 days, I didn't know if I could do it. So we came home and I packed for me and the girls in 30 mins and we were off to Colorado.

Other than the rental incident it was a pretty good trip. The girls were amazing on the way there, just sitting back and watching their movies. We got there at 11pm. The girls were out by then. So the next morning we dropped Mauricio off at the hospital where he was suppose to go learn some things from these people. Turns out it seemed he was more there to teach them-haha. So the girls and I found a few parks and went swimming in the hotel pool. Their two favorite parts of staying in the hotel-the unheated pool and the breakfast in the morning. For some reason this was the highlight of Afton's stay-that breakfast.

So all in all it was a fun time. We were in Durango, CO. It is a little tourist town right outside of New Mexico. It is a great place and we actually had a great time. So if you are in the area stop by. Great little down town shops and some river rafting.

5 comments:

Anupa Harvey said...

I love the picture--freakin' cute!!!

MandA said...

Our family went to Durango when I was younger and I remember loving it. It's a beautiful place! Glad you had a good time.

carrie said...

Love the pic, and how serious everyone looks!

Natalie Braithwaite said...

I love Durango! We've had two family reunions there and this last year we tried it some where different and everyone missed Durango! Glad you had a good time!

Breckan said...

That is a GREAT photo. :)